Hey there Healthyfiy family. I’ve got another article for you today and today I wanna tell you about the benefits of Ginger. We hear all the time about that ginger. Ginger is a superfood and it’s gonna help you in many problems, but we have to wonder is it just an Asian myth or there’s some truth to all.
The things that we’re hearing about how good ginger is for the body for digestion for mood. So in this article, I’m gonna give you the best five benefits of ginger and why I personally think that ginger is one of the best things that you can eat.
At the end of this article, I’m gonna give you a recipe for a tea that you can make with ginger and also with some simple ingredients that you probably got hanging around the house or in the fridge.
So let’s dive right into and starting with number five.
Increadible Benefits of Ginger
Helps in blood circulation
Number five reason that I think ginger is one of the best things that you can consume is because it improves your blood circulation and those of you that have read my previous articles, you know how big I am on circulation and you know how big I am on nutrient absorption.
Well, when your blood is circulating well you’re absorbing more nutrients. You see ginger has something called ginger rolls, and those ginger rolls create an increase in your body temperature.
So they increase your core body temperature when your core body temperature increases it means that your blood circulation is better.
So if you’ve ever been out in the Sun and you know it’s a little bit warm, sometimes you can see veins in your arms just because you are vasodilating and you’re getting better circulation.
Well, that happens when you consume ginger and that better circulation needs more nutrients getting to the muscle. It also means more oxygen getting to the muscle, Which means that you can lift heavier weights, you can run longer because you’re getting more oxygen to the lungs into the heart.
Awesome pain reliever
The number four reason is it’s an awesome pain reliever.
You can see those same ginger rolls that make it so that you have better circulation also reduce inflammation and reduce pain.
The way they do that is, they block something called the cyclooxygenase enzyme to CoX enzyme -2.
What that cox-2 enzyme is, it’s something that creates that sensation of pain as a result of inflammation. So if you’ve ever bumped your knee or if you’ve ever bumped your elbow or shoulder and you know you will immediately get that redness and that swelling, well that’s inflammation. But the pain that’s associated with it is caused by that cox-2 enzyme.
Now ginger blocks that. So we directly reduce pain associated with inflammation.
As a bonus, it also blocks what is called prostaglandins from creating headaches. So prostaglandins are pro-inflammatory enzymes that create pain as well.
Well, they’re specific ones that cause headaches, Ginger blocks that.
The number three reason is it relaxes muscles. It prevents cramping and it doesn’t just prevent cramping after sports or after activity.
It can also reduce menstrual cramp and menstrual bleeding.
In a study by the Center for nursing care research in Iran, it was found that giving ginger to two women that were having heavy mistral cramping and even heavy menstrual bleeding dramatically. Dramatically reduced the amount of cramping and pain but also the amount of blood that was associated with the menstrual cycle.
The number two reason that ginger is absolutely awesome is it prevents nausea.
So if you have a little bit of ginger before you go on a car ride or if you’re prone to getting motion sick then you can take some ginger right before you go and it’s gonna help you.
You see it stimulates gastric juices, so it helps your body to digest. So if you ever got food sitting in your stomach it’s going to make you feel nauseous. Then a little bit of ginger can help to stimulate the hydrochloric acid to get the process going. So that you start absorbing your nutrients and moving along through the digestive process.
Keeps Away from Geeting Sick
Lastly, the number one reason why ginger is awesome is it keeps you from getting sick. This has been proven time and time again that ginger supports your immune system.
Ginger has such a strong antiseptic, antimicrobial, and antibiotic property to it, that it can actually stop an infection in its tracks but more importantly it can prevent an infection from occurring in the first place.
Now, this could mean a respiratory infection a sinus infection or it could just mean simply the common cold and flu.
So if your regular with when you consume your ginger you can actually boost your body’s immune system to keep that from happening in the first place.
Ginger Lemon Honey Tea and Benefits
So now I want to show you how you can make this tea that you can drink every day that tastes good is not only rich in ginger but it’s also got some other detoxing properties that make it all the better.
Let’s go and do it.
So how you’re going to make the ginger tea is really simple.
- Firstly boil some water and
- The next thing you’re gonna do is you’re gonna take a couple of thin slices of ginger and you’re just going to put those in the pan and let it steep for about three or four minutes.
- While that’s steeping also you’ve got to do cut your lemon and you’re gonna add that right into the boiling water actually most of the vitamin C in lemon is actually in the peel so if you want you can even put the whole lemon wedge in there and let that steep so it gets some of the vitamin C and some of the natural essential oils out of the lemon as well.
- Then lastly you’re gonna take a little bit of organic honey, and what this honey’s gonna do is it’s going to help boost your immune system as well.
- So now you’ve got the ginger which is going to help nausea, as well as the other things we talked about. You’ve got the lemon which is going to assist in detoxifying the body and now you’ve got the honey which not only is going to suppress some of the bitterness. It also suppresses some of the sourness of the drink. It’s also going to help the immune system and it’s going to help to give you a little bit more energy as well.
- So you only need about a tablespoon of that you let that sit again for just a couple of minutes and once that’s all steeped up you’re gonna simply load it up on into a cup.
- You’re okay with just using the water you don’t need to have any chunks of ginger in it. So there you have it. Quick little ginger elixir and you only need like four-six ounces.
A little bit goes a long way.
Ginger is one of the superfoods that you can find at your regular grocery store.
So don’t be shy about it.
You can’t overdo it sometimes, it’s a little strong but at the end of the day, it’s worth it.